Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Long time no talk...

Goodmorning everyone! I think it's been long enough since I've updated my blog, so here goes!
This DTS has been a wonderful experience so far. I'm on my way out the door for classes soon so I can't write long. We have classes every day almost all day. I've been pretty tired because of the busy schedule and some days it's pretty hard on my body when it rains. Despite all the busyness, tiredness, and free time with roommates I am growing and learning a lot. As some of you may know my best friend, Amado and I broke up. We both felt it was time to concentrate on the Lord and pursuing Him in everything we do, minus distractions. God is growing and stretching me through this and I feel as though I am falling in love again. I am learning what it feels like to be deeper and more intimate with my savior and really feel His love for me more now then ever. It's such a wonderful feeling!
Now about my outreach, I am taking a General Health Care class as my elective class and I'm learning what it means to really provide health care in the poorest of countries. SO COOL! It's perfect for me! I feel like God is teaching me through this as well about the power of His healing.
Sorry it's short but I gotta go to class now! Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Prayers:
Please pray that God will heal mine and Amado's hearts, we feel it is the best thing and what God wants of us right now but we still are hurting as well.
Please pray that my funds will all come in, they are due this Friday!
Pray that Gods direction regarding me going to the Philippines on outreach would continue to stay clear and if He desires me go somewhere else that He would make Himself known.
Also please pray for continued strength and health for me and my roommates, there is a lot of spiritual warfare going on on this campus!

Thank you all again for your prayers and support! God is doing great things and through your support I know He is going to use me in mighty ways!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie, good update. Glad to see that God is speaking to you and showing you your God-given gifts that you can use for His kingdom glory.
Blessings, Mrs. Harlan

candlelady said...

Hi Gracie,
We are praying for you, just remember Ephesians 6, put on the full armor of God and you will be able to withstand those fiery darts of the enemy. Keep pressing on to what the Lord has called you to do. You are a very special young lady and the Lord has wonderful plans for you and your future. I am praying the Lord will heal your hearts and give a special portion of His peace and grace. Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers.
Lisa Pedrick

Carlos Sales said...

Gracie, Mum and I are very proud of you and happy that you are seeking, listening, and obeying the Lord for His will for your life. We are praying for you and learning to trust Him too as we release you into His care. We love you! Your Daddy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gracie! We will pray for you! I know it's hard for both you and Amado, but I have so much respect for you both. Making that decision to pursue your FIRST LOVE together shows amazing commitment and maturity. Undoubtedly, the Lord will bless that decision. Love you!