Monday, October 13, 2014

Pack Up and Go!

Hello from Nicaragua!


 

 

In case you haven’t been following my posts on Facebook or Instagram then let me tell you, I am in Nicaragua!

I haven’t officially given any details on why I am here and to be quite honest that is because I didn’t quite know myself why.  Some of you may know that I have applied to a midwife clinic/training program and I have been waiting all summer to hear back from them. More on that later!
During this time of waiting I was working and saving money and going about life but feeling very restless. I felt unsettled about the call I feel on my life and what my next step should be. As fall came around and my sisters and friends began to get back into their regular routines of school and jobs I felt the restlessness even more. I felt like I was “the only one” not doing “anything” with my life. So I began to seek the wise council of others and began to pray and urgently seek God’s direction. The conclusion I feel like I came to was that I was afraid. I “the girl who’s never been afraid to leave the country” was afraid of the commitment and the uncertainty that came with living the life I feel the Lord has called me to.


So, the plan was to weigh my options and JUST GO. To not be afraid of what I was to bring to the table or if it was the right or wrong choice.  I have known what I feel God has called me to and I have been afraid for too long about making the wrong choices regarding the details. So in this “just going” I have learned so much about God filling in the details. It says in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that His “strength is made perfect in weakness” and that’s what I am boasting about it this season. God filled in the areas where I was lacking because I was afraid. He has taken care of all the little details and even though I still don’t know exactly all the reasons why I am here it doesn’t matter. As long as I continue to listen to His word and direction His kingdom will be advanced before, during, and after my time here.

So that’s that! I am in Nicaragua staying with our good friends and missionaries Jaime and Monica Arista for two months. September 25th-November 13th. I am learning about everything that goes into starting a new ministry in a new area, spending intentional time with Monica learning about ministry and the day to day life of a missionary wife, forming friendships with and ministering to the local Nica girls, and most of all refreshing and rejuvenating my walk with the Lord.

With all that being said, thank you to everyone who has been and is praying for me and for what God is doing in my life and in those lives of the people around me. Please don’t stop your prayers! I always need them!

As they say here in Nicaragua, ADIO! (Yup no “S”)

 

NEXT BLOG POST: More on the midwife clinic/program.

1 comment:

Carlos Sales said...

Gracie, I'm so proud of you for not taking the easy route, but being true to your call. It's not an easy life, but it will be rewarding as you continue to obey and trust Him each step of your journey together. As Pastor Larry Osborne would say "when God tells you to jump, you jump, and on the way up you ask how high Lord." You are living that obedience and He will honor you for your faith in Him. The best place to be is the center of God's will for your life. You are in your sweet spot. We're praying for you much. Love you, your Daddy