Sunday, April 1, 2012

And off we go!

Here is a short clip so you can hear a bit about our Outreach and see some of my teammates. Sorry our talking bits are a bit comical since we didn't know our lines and did it all very last minute. :/ Don't laugh! ;)


Tomorrow we are leaving for the Philippines! 

Brief summary on my DTS:
The lecture part was both challenging and fun! I have learned a lot about myself, God, my relationship with God, His love for me, my healing process from my Fibromyalgia, and many other useful tools to help me grow up more into the young woman that God has created me to be. I believe that God has taught me a lot about myself, in these last 3 months. I am learning about God's plan to work on the healing of my heart and mind which in turn will heal my body. I have found such overwhelming joy and peace in my heart and every time I am in pain I feel strangely joyful. God is teaching me about trials and how He is using this pain in my body to give me a testimony to reach out to the others in the world who have pain. I feel like it is a blessing that God has chosen me for this and I am learning how to be empathetic for those who feel pain in all areas of their life.

MED DTS Jan-March 2012

OUTREACH:
It has been a wonderful adventure so far but I have to say I am and have been looking forward to the part of my adventure with God the most! We leave first thing tomorrow morning (Sunday, April 1st) and we will arrive at Manila Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport around 6:15pm on April 2nd.

Here is what the first 12 days of out trip will roughly look like:

April 2: arrival of team at 6:30ish pm. settle into team house, rest
April 3:
8-9am breakfast (this is an hour later than usual to help us catch up on the time change); \
9-10:30 Orientation at the team house;
12-1 lunch;
1-2:30 tour of ministries around town; will return to team house afterwards and rest;
5-6 dinner I think;
team time 7-->
April 4:
7-8 breakfast (please be prompt; we will be cleaning up our own dishess);
 8:30-9:30 team time/devotion (whoever was in charge of this part, can you begin to make a schedule and assign people)
10-11 daycare ministry (some will do a bible study with the 4 moms upstairs and others will be helping to feed and love on the children downstairs) Please be thinking about who will do a devotion or study with the moms. We will be there the following week 3 more times. One day will be health teaching with the moms. I need volunteers for these 4 days.
12 lunch at the base
2-3:30 TB feeding ministry with children (perhaps the bracelets and face painting might be a good activity)
5-6 dinner
7-8pm College ministry: 20 minute bible study/devotional (need volunteer for this)
April 5-8 is considered Holy week/Easter
April 5-6   
7-8 breakfast;
8-9 or 8:30-9:30 team devos/worship/intercession
We will do home visits with people that the base has rrelationship and pray for them and do some health consultations if needed. This would be a wonderful time for healing prayers Ruthann :) The schedule is still to be arrangged but heard that we will probably break into 2 teams, each with a translator and someone familiar with the families. If we have a lot of time leftover, we will also be doing prayer  walks around the communities we go to.
lunch will be kept for us back at the base.
5-6 dinner
7 team time/debrief the day
Saturday April 7:
7-8 breakfast
Day Off; we will plan to see Fort Santiago where there is a cathedral  there. Visit the mall or market etc. Mosquito nets and other needed items could be bought that day.
I think dinner is provided at the base
Sunday April 8
7-8 breakfast
Personal quiet time till about 9:15 then we head over to a community church: Manila Faith Baptist Church
We will just attend. No sermons..... or singing requests.....yet :)
April 9
7-8 breakfast
8:30-9:30 base worship (?we may be asked to share something)
Visa Run for Linda today or tomorrow
10-11 day care ministry: bible study, help with the kids
12 back to team house for lunch
2-3:30 TB ministry (will divide into 2 teams and do house vistations; prayer)
5-6 dinner
7- team time
April 10
7-8 breakfast
8:30-9:30 team time
10-11 day care ministry (health teaching with moms)
12 lunch at the base
2-3:30 tb ministry (bible study with moms for about 1 hour)
April 11 (last day of ministry)
7-8 breakfast
8:30-9:30 team time
10-11 day care ministry (bible study with 4 moms)
12 lunch at base
2-3:30 tb ministry (bible study/health teaching ~10 mins to the children)
5-6 dinner
7-8 college ministry (bible study)
April 12 (travel  day)
7-8 breakfast
9--> team time
We will plan to leave around noon for Batanga where there is a ferry to Calapan/Mindoro island. (taxis and buses to get us to Batanga pier)

fter that we will spend roughly 3 weeks on Calapan/Mindoro Island
and the last month we will spend in Subic.

Philippines team: 
left top; Jeanne(Leader/Staff of *IPHC School from Korea/Kona), Linda(DTS staff/my 1on1 from Canada), Ruth Ann(wife to Gary/nurse/physical trainer from Oklahoma), Me :), Gary (Husband to RuthAnn/Pediatrician also from OK) 
left bottom; Sandra (defender of the people (; /nurse from the UK), Barbara (DTS Leader/nurse from New Zealand), Jooyoung(the other young one :P/Sports MedGrad from Kailua-Kona)


*Intro into Primary Health Care school


Please be praying for:

  • safe travel for our whole team, that everything will go smoothly when checking in our bags and boarding planes, & that our bags will arrive when we do ;)
  • that I will be comfortable (not in pain on the flight) and able to rest
  • that we would have open hearts and minds to the people in the Philippines and that God would keep us humble to learn and build relationships
  • that our clinics will run smoothly and our hands would be used in mighty ways to heal
  • our team would continue to get along and be used in our unity and that the enemy would not divide us
Thank you for your never-ending prayers and support! 
PEACE OUT AND OFF WE GO!

No comments: